25 Nov 2015
Dr. Anna’s 7-Step Healthy Holiday Survival Guide
Navigating holiday parties or the Christmas cookie dumping ground in the office break room can feel like walking through a minefield for those of us who have some serious health goals we’re working on.
It doesn’t have to be this way!
If you’re ready to have a different holiday experience this year, here are 7 steps to get you started:
1) Eat before you head out to a party. That way you’ll be less tempted to graze through all the “nervous food” (as my friend Christine calls it).
2) If you’re drinking alcohol, alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. You’re less likely to become “overserved”. Drinking too much is also likely to lower your resolve to stay away from the nervous food. Not to mention that it contributes greatly to HOT FLASHES!
3) Keep up with your exercise plan. Make sure it is scheduled on your calendar!
4) Enjoy a treat or two, but be selective. Most of the foods you’re going to be tempted by are NOT things you’ve never tasted before, right?
So, decide which treats are REALLY worth the calories (like my mom’s sugar cookies) and skip the ones that aren’t your faves.
5) Drink up. Make sure you’re drinking enough water. Indoor heat is drying and it’s easy to become dehydrated.
6) Sleep! It’s tempting to say yes to every invitation that arrives. This only leads to exhaustion, higher cortisol levels and weight gain. Make sleep a priority and you’ll reap the benefits of increased energy and enjoyment of the holidays.
7) Cut yourself some slack. The holidays are stressful enough without adding in a big dose of perfectionism or guilt. Do the best you can, but above all…have FUN!
About Dr. Anna
Dr. Anna Garrett is a pharmacist and menopause expert who helps women who are struggling with symptoms of perimenopause and menopause find natural hormone balancing solutions so they can rock their mojo through midlife and beyond. But her clients would tell you that her real gift is helping them reclaim pieces of themselves they thought were gone forever.
Dr. Anna offers a complimentary 30-minute Get Acquainted Call to anyone who’d like to learn more about working 1-1 with her. You can schedule that at your convenience by clicking here.
Please email email@example.com for more info.